Old August 13th 05, 02:05 AM
jphoenix

Bob,

Those 416's don't fit very well in the outer panel connection control
rod tubes in the N3. I don't like the idea of using that large of a
safety pin there, I'm sure it would catch on the end of the rod
housing. I use safety wire so I can bend it back flush and there's no
chance of it catching the end of the tube opening. I like Gary's idea
of those very small clips. Maybe there's an AN equivelant, but I've
never seen one.

Inside the fuselage, I use Wedekind sleeves, but again, no room for the
Wedekind sleeves out in the outer panel connections. Hopefully the FAA
won't be lurking behind any bushes (or maybe trolling the OLC for
violations) when I install my Lowe's hairclip pins;-)

Jim

Bob Korves wrote:
" wrote in
oups.com:

I use hairclip pins purchased at Lowe's

Yeah, Gary. Saves you that $0.23 U.S. each for the correct aircraft part,
which is used for connecting critical control assemblies. Jeez, a lifetime
supply, even for your Nimbus 3, could cost maybe $10! My Scottish
anscestors would be proud of you... ;-)
-Bob Korves