Old January 11th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Pirep request: FlightPrep vs 396

I use the NavAero EFB w/ the T-Pad 800 touch screen. The computer portion
uses a dedicated computer w/ 3 USB's and various other ports. They're going
to replace the HD w/ a 17gig solid state. I've seen larger ones but I need
them to reload the software and stand by the power requirements, so I depend
on them. Having done this (2nd setup) I would only go with the solid state
solution in the future.

I routinely fly an A36 at 9-12,000ft. The hard drive crashes after 1-2
hours. With 3 hrs to Florida or New York, that's a problem. I use the EFB
for XM weather, terrain and other functions.

Thx, {|;-)

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
Thanks Jim,
Can you give us some details of: PC? HD's (both failed and SS), EFB
package?
Altitudes normally flown or possible reasons for HD failures?

Thanks!!!

Jim B

"Victor J. Osborne, Jr." wrote in message
I'm replacing my 20gig HD w/ a solid state HD for my EFB. I got tired of
the repeated HD failures.
--

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.

Anybody know if a solid state HD NAND would be an option? Are there
any
currently on the market in volume and are there any models large
enough?
Jim