Old April 5th 07, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
RobertVA[_2_]

Default Flight Unlimited 1

Glenn Jacobs wrote:
Is there anyone still flying Flight Unlimited 1. There was a patch that
allowed a person to run it on a Windows 95 or 98 machine. If so does
anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks in advance,

JakeInHartsel

Looking Glass came out with a separate Windows 95 version, but I don't
recall a patch to make the DOS version work in a Windows 9x virtual machine.

To my recollection the DOS version required an OpenGL video driver. I
would think if you could configure a DOS Mode shortcut to load the
OpenGL driver and a DOS mode CD driver you could run the DOS version in
DOS mode. I don't recall the conventional, extended and expanded memory
requirements for the DOS version though. With a properly crafted DOS
Mode shortcut ANY Windows 95 capable computer should have enough memory
of all three type.

Of course with a DOS simulation that old there's the possibility that
the physics would be thrown out of kilter by the system clock speed
being so much faster that what the developers were able to test it with.
I had one fighter sim that produced an error every time I started it
unless I deactivated the switch that enabled that computer to run at 66
Mhz instead of 33 MHz (yes that WAS a while ago).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Unlimited

Investigate the downloads on this page to see if they apply:
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/flightunl1/downloads/