Old November 10th 04, 02:50 PM
C Kingsbury

The reason I asked was that I saw a helicopter fly under the Brooklyn Bridge
recently. I was headed down the East River on a sailboat. The copter came
down past us pretty slowly at not more than 200AGL, the left-seater waved to
us, and they sped up and took off under the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridge.
The other folks on the boat asked me, "is that legal?" I guessed yes, since
there were NYPD and Coast Guard boats out all over the place (though not
near either bridge at that moment) and it was in the middle of a bright and
sunny day, and I figured you'd have to be nuts to do something like that if
it wasn't technically OK. But it did seem to me like it would be pushing it
pretty hard.

-cwk.

"PJ Hunt" wrote in message
For Part 91 operations see,