Old April 17th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
JB

Default Options After Items Flagged as Unairworthy (was TBO and Airworthiness)

On Apr 17, 12:13 pm, Andrew Gideon wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 09:41:07 -0700, JB wrote:
My major point is that once items are flagged as unairworthy during an
inspection, the comparison between cars and planes no longer applies and
the hassle-factor goes up considerably.

This is only true if the previous annual has expired.

It opens up an interesting policy decision. Do you do your annuals
"late" (ie. at the last possible minute, perhaps letting the work flow
into the next month), thereby getting maximum value? Or do you leave
yourself a buffer by doing the annual early in the month?

- Andrew

In my case, we do it late in the cycle. But I'm not sure it matters.
Won't an item(s) flagged as unairworthy during an inspection make the
plane unairworthy regardless of the time?? I can't imagine that you
could legally fly around just because your annual hasn't expired yet
by the calendar.

--Jeff