Old April 19th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Options After Items Flagged as Unairworthy (was TBO and Airworthiness)

I was involved in a big donnybrook with a repair station on a
friend's Bonanza annual. Because they were a big time
factory repair station,
they felt a need to comply with all Beech service bulletins.
They were condeming this Bonanza because the wing bolt
replacement service bulletin hadn't been complied with.

This is a Beech mandatory SB; there is no AD or legal requirement
to comply for part 91. There has never been a failure. Conventional
wisdom is to not mess with them if there is no corrosion.

They wouldn't budge.

So finally we had them sign it off as unairworthy with the bolts
as the discrepancy. I went down, visually inspected the bolts
signed it off as airworthy as an A&P and flew it home. As good
as an annual because it WAS an annual!

Your mileage may vary. I would guess that if an issue has
been logged it should be resolved before flight.

Bill Hale A&P

On Apr 17, 12:15 pm, Denny wrote:
I can't imagine that you

could legally fly around just because your annual hasn't expired yet
by the calendar.

--Jeff

That technicality doesn;t really matter because if they want you, they
will get you for flying an airplane with known defects regardless of
the status of the logs...

denny