Old April 19th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Andrew Gideon

Default Options After Items Flagged as Unairworthy (was TBO and Airworthiness)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:59:45 -0700, wrote:

So finally we had them sign it off as unairworthy with the bolts as the
discrepancy. I went down, visually inspected the bolts signed it off as
airworthy as an A&P and flew it home. As good as an annual because it WAS
an annual!

Oh, right. That's a point about which I forgot and which I've yet to see
in this discussion.

An IA must perform the inspection. But an A&P can resolve any
discrepancies.

- Andrew