Old March 17th 11, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Spring Cleaning and Battery Testing

On 3/17/2011 2:11 AM, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:

My test is basically connecting a resistive load to the battery,
measure the battery voltage every 10 minutes or so. Then wait for the
battery voltage to drop to 11.5Vdc (an arbitratry but safe value).
Simple.

I create an Excel spreadsheet that explains all this - the testing
that I perform, the test rig that I used and templates for gathering
the data and then graphing the results. See http://aviation.derosaweb.net/#bat
terytest.

I’d love to hear any comments that you might have. Enjoy.

John DeRosa
Johnatderosaweb.com

http://www.actmeters.com/

Gives a result in seconds.

The "GOLD-PLUS Intelligent Battery Tester" on the site has interesting
claims. Are there any reports from users on how well it works,
comparison tests with the usual constant current discharge method, and
details of the principles of it's method? Without more info, the ~$400
price is a bit off-putting.

email me)