Old May 5th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
The Visitor

Default aerobatic C172?

I only asked about that because somewhere I read that that was a
difference on some kind of aircraft, between the aerobatic and
non-aerobatic version. So that it could better withstand the tourquing
created when rolling with a high power setting. I think it was a Richard
Collins article.

John

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
On 3 May 2007 13:03:07 -0700, wrote:

On May 3, 12:42 pm, The Visitor
wrote:

C J Campbell wrote:

The 172 may be able to stand the G forces, but that is not the only
limitation.ould not want you renting our planes.

Engine mount?

Engine mounts are good for 9 Gs. Somewhere in FAR 23, I think.

FAR 23 might not apply to a 172...it's old enough.

Ron Wanttaja