Old July 30th 03, 04:17 AM
Randy L.

Kevin,
I was just flying out of Key West NAS in FS2004, and noticed that while the
highway that runs along the Florida keys is there, in some places the
highway looks like it dips down into the water! In those places it looks as
if the bridge that supports the highway has collapsed. Very strange indeed.

Randy L.

"Kevin Reilly" wrote in message
Have Microsoft not been keeping up on their Bridge Licensing Fees or
something?

I took delivery of FS2004 this morning (thanks Play!) and in general the
improvements are very impressive, especially in the visuals (Manhattan
looks absolutely gorgeous). However on visiting two of my favourite
flying haunts, the North West of England and Tokyo Bay, I'm compelled to
ask: what the hell has happened to the bridges?

The Runcorn-Widnes bridge, a steel arch type, had been rendered in its
full glory (graphics of the time permitting) in every release of MSFS
back to at least '98 and possibly further. In FS2004 it's been turned
into a generic flat thing bearing no resemblance to its real-world
counterpart.

And as for Tokyo, what have they done with the Rainbow Bridge? Aside
from the loop at one end the structure in FS2004 looks nothing like it.
I just can't understand this. It's been present and correct (again,
graphics allowing) for several versions of MSFS so why drop the model
for something that looks like a reject from a Meccano competition?

What's really ironic is that the tweaks to Tokyo's graphics in general
are magnificent in FS2004; a vast improvement over those in FS2002. I
would go so far as to say they're about the best you're going to get
with autogen scenery, but that bridge sticks out like a sore thumb and
ruins the whole effect.

What bothers me is that of the mere half dozen or so places I tried with
the new version, two have shown these glaring bridge problems. I find it
difficult to believe that in one session I just happened to pick the
only two locations where this has been done. There must be more, surely?
I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed or notices any more
butchered bridges in FS2004, famous or otherwise.

--
Kev
"Apply artificial respiration until the patient is dead."