Old May 5th 04, 08:45 PM
Filip Zawadiak

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:SWtlc.21905$kh4.1261051@attbi_s52...
I can't decide whether you're adventurous, crazy -- or both! That's quite
a cross-country flight with just 67 hours under your belt -- and in a
foreign country, no less.

Heh :-)

I was more afraid of fact, that after finishing my PPL I had one year
with 3hr of flight before this vacation. But it wen't much better than
I expected, did BFR before going out.

As for foreign country, I feel much more confident flying in the USA
than back in Poland ;-) After all, I learned here...

And as hours go, what's better to get experience that such flight? I
thought that it's way better than do 30 local cross-countries, and now
I think it's not that big deal to fly across USA. Maybye I had great
luck with weather, had just two days of weather delay and two days of
flight in bad VFR... It just takes a lot more money than local flying
- had to rent lots of cars, pay for lots of motels, even when we had
camping equipment in airplane. And eat some real food sometimes ;-) I
just felt I need real rest and not short sleep in a tent.

Great flight -- great story. Thanks for sharing it...

Thanks :-)

Hopefully in a year or two I'll go for IFR rating, now have that
crosscountry experience.

--
Filip Zawadiak
PP-ASEL 130hr