Old May 14th 05, 06:53 AM
Ray

Default South Lake Tahoe Class D

I'm (hopefully) taking my first trip to South Lake Tahoe on Sunday as part
of a mountain flying checkout with my club. I noticed that the control
tower is no longer active - but the AF/D (and sectional) still has the Class
D active during normal hours. I know it doesn't really matter from a
practical standpoint - but strictly speaking, isn't landing at TVL without
establishing 2 way radio communications against regulations?

The AF/D remarks also refer to the tower in a couple spots "Tfc advisories
and sequencing in the tfc pattern are based on position reports...Radio
contact with twr may be affected by terrain." Any reason these lines
haven't been removed yet?

- Ray