Old May 15th 05, 03:26 AM
A Lieberman

On Sat, 14 May 2005 20:20:33 -0500, Dan Luke wrote:

I filed BFM MCB GGG direct DAL. As expected, when I got near DFW
Regional airspace, I got an amendment to my clearance: direct GGG,
DUMPY2 arrival, which puts you on a left downwind for 13R or 13L at DAL.
The freq's were jammed with all kinds of traffic, and a parade of 737s
passed above me as I flew the arrival to Love Field.

Hi Dan,

Just curious, would NO STAR in your flight plan have worked a litte better
for you?

Leaving DAL is kind of like arriving: you ain't gonna get what you
filed. I called clearance delivery and my clearance came back like
this:
"Cessna 9387D is cleared to the BFM airport via left turn to heading 170
vectors to join the HUBBARD5 departure Longview Transition Gregg County
then as filed maintain two thousand expect niner thousand one zero
minutes after departure departure frequency one two five point two
squawk zero five zero three."

It only took me two extra transmissions to get it copied. The clearance
delivery lady was very patient and friendly.

and on the same thought, would no DP on your flight plan have worked any
better.

I am looking to go to Fort Worth Meacham http://www.airnav.com/airport/KFTW
from KMBO.

I was planning to file "direct", but may need to rethink my thoughts based
on your experiences....

Allen