Old May 15th 05, 03:31 AM
John Harper

Robert M. Gary wrote:
Its class E now. Same freq. Be aware of strong up and down drafts
around the airport. Its not unusual for my Mooney to get tossed around
something strong on the base leg near the lake.

No, NOT the same freq. For some reason known only
to the FAA, when they closed the tower they changed
the CTAF freq. According to the FBO, it's causing
lots of problems. I guess a prudent pilot could
keep com #2 tuned to the old freq, if the prudent
pilot in question had a good enough memory (since the
old freq isn't published anywhere any more).

John