Old October 29th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Potatora

Default Flashing landing lights?

On Oct 29, 11:41*am, "John Kunkel" wrote:
"Potatora" wrote in message

A couple days ago I saw an airliner coming into Boise, in final
approach, with its landing lights flashing. They were alternating high
beam to low beam (I never knew they had that capability) on the left,
then on the right. left, right, left, right...

The flashing lights enhance visibility.

Well, duh, I guess the would. But why would visibility need to be
enhanced? It was unlimited already, not a cloud in the sky. Why have I
never seen any other airliner doing that?

I am NOT talking about the 'strobe' light, or the red and green
running lights. I'm talking about the *landing* lights, the really
bright ones on the wing.