Old August 18th 10, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Brian Whatcott

Default Bi-Ennual Flight Review (BFR) with ATC COMS - Video.

On 8/18/2010 10:24 AM, wrote:
On Aug 18, 10:09 am, Bob wrote:
" wrote

On Aug 18, 8:09 am, Sam wrote:
What's a Bi-Ennual Flight Review?

BFR

Hmmmm....I can't find "BFR" defined in the regs either.
Perhaps you guys are just refering to a "Flight Review".

Bob Moore
ATP CFII

Every two years is considered "bi-ennial" (I mispelled it)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biennial

Hence BFR.

That's the only way I have heard the flight review referred as but it
could be a regional thing?

Actually, your fans are gently chiding both your spelling of biennial
and noticing the recent change in terms from BFR to flight review in FAA
circles. Nobody is actually responding to your post?

Ah well: in a recent FR I did, there was WAY to much recovery from
impending stall/spins, and way too much need for braking on short/soft
field landings. In a C-150, I keep the weight off the nose as much as
possible - and currently, I am having my A&P replace the NW damper seals.

I learned to fly on grass, and demonstrated full spins to 3+ turns
each direction, for a private at that time....

Brian W