Old September 28th 10, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike Adams[_2_]

Default VFR Practise Approaches

Mxsmanic wrote:

Mike Adams writes:

About the only exception I can think of is an ILS that's
slightly offset from the runway alignment, but I don't
know of one that's more than a few degrees.

Even in that case, you can still practice the instrument approach
under VFR in VMC. I'm not sure why an offset ILS would be an
exception, since there is still a corresponding instrument procedure
to practice.

The point you raised was about tracking the ILS while making a straight in VFR approach. My only point
was that if it's an offset localizer (in the extreme) the tower might not think you're making a straight in
approach. If the tower has approved you doing a practice ILS approach that's a different situation.

Mike