Old September 29th 10, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike Adams[_2_]

Default VFR Practise Approaches

" wrote:

On Sep 29, 9:06*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
In the REAL world, think Bravo and you will see why I said not always.

If you are thinking Class B, you can do what you want in Class B,

WRONG. I DO WHAT ATC WANTS.

But I fly in the real world to know this.

I think I'm participating in this discussion beyond the point of any value, but I fly in the real world too, and
have been given the instruction, "cleared into Bravo airspace, maintain own nav to XXXX". So, it is
definitely possible.

Back to the original question, are there any other cases (besides possibly the extremely offset localizer)
when you would not be able to track the ILS when doing a VFR straight-in approach?

Mike