Old April 7th 21, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default new SSA web site

On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 12:37:15 -0700, Soartech wrote:

I just got an email from that says we must reset our
password before using the new site. Apparently they sent a link to do
this out last Friday but many people did not get it. So they sent it
again:
https://www.ssa.org/my-account/lost-password/
Clicking on that it was immediatly blocked by my ad blocker, Ublock
Origin. It says that the website is also opening "icptrack.com".
Googling that tells me that " This address is a tracker for a mass email
sender." Now why does the SSA need to TRACK who clicks on this link?
Another comment found says that "WARNING: Caution. This site
participates in fraud and scam. The site is listed, verified and
confirmed as a phish on PhishTank. http://www.phishtank.com/index.php
" Come on SSA, you can do better than this!

A personal view from across the pond:

Have you (Soartech) passed this information on to SSA, just as I would
pass similar information to the BGA?

If not, you should do so, because they need to take steps to get off the
phishtank.com list and would be well advised to get off anything like
icptrack.com as well - unless, of course, they're planning to raise some
cash by spamming or letting others pay to do so.

Personally, I take a dim view if spammers and run Spamassassin at home to
(a) bin spam automatically and (b) to keep tabs on those who try to spam
me. But of course ymmv.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org