Old November 28th 04, 11:06 AM
Cub Driver

One thing flying wise, if you were holding in right rudder at contact,
the tailwheel would have been cocked right. If you were holding in that
rudder and came down solid on the tail at ground contact, it could have
temporarily jammed it right on you. I've seen this happen a few times.

I think I have experienced that. As another poster suggested, it's an
argument for wheelies!

Happily the number of instances is slight, but it seems to me that if
I am going to swerve on takeoff, it is always to the left, and if I am
going to swerve on landing, it is always to the right.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com