Old April 30th 05, 10:30 PM
Jay Masino

Jay Honeck wrote:
Look, I understand the need for great care after Columbia -- but it's been
TWO YEARS. The whole time, there have been over 10,000 people at the Cape
on the payroll, doing precisely...what? Then, just when everything is
poised on the pad for launch -- OOPS! -- we forgot to install the heater???

The shuttle isn't exactly a Cherokee. It's probably 1000 times more
complex. They also need to make absolutely sure that this first flight
goes absolutely flawlessly. There were probably issues that became
apparent on the pad, that weren't in the vehicle assembly building.

It's a national embarrassment.

That's ridiculous. Being incredibly cautious after we lost an entire
crew, is just being smart.

We visited NASA in March, and were very impressed with the facility. I'm
glad they have preserved much of our Apollo history, and I'm gladder still
that there are so many people dedicated to space flight. It's our future,
and anyone with a brain stem knows it.

But, dammit, they've got to actually PERFORM. Now. Either sh*t or get off
the pot.

If they made a mistake this time, and we lost another crew, it could
mark the complete end of the space program. They need to be extra
careful.

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___