Old November 27th 16, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Sale today on 12 Volt flexible solar panel

On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 6:57:09 PM UTC-5, 2G wrote:
On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 3:47:29 PM UTC-8, AS wrote:
(and lithiums are not an option)

Tom

Why might that be? Just curious ....

Uli
AS

The DGs use 6 volt batteries - AFAIK there are no 6 V lithium batteries. You might be able to assemble a custom battery pack, but that isn't adviseable for safety reasons.

Tom

Thanks for that explanation! I had no idea that 6V packs are still in use. I thought they died out with the 6V Beetle. ;-)
Uli
AS