Old April 12th 17, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, aus.aviation, alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns, sac.politics
White Ryder

Default United Airlines, We put the "Hospital" in "Hospitality"!

In article
Petzl wrote:

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 00:52:41 -0500, First-Post
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 15:15:00 +1000, Sylvia Else
wrote:

On 12/04/2017 3:08 PM, First-Post wrote:

I haven't done the math myself but I've read articles that say so far
United has lost around $700 million thanks to this fiasco that was
effectively caused by their desire to make every single seat on every
flight profitable. Their stock has fallen like a rock.

The market can penalize screw ups worse than any court.

The $700 is a reduction in market capitalisation, not a loss made by the
company. The stock will bounce back.

Sylvia.

Yes but in the eyes of the stock holders it is a big loss to them. And
if it doesn't rebound fast enough and high enough, the CEO may very
well see the end of his tenure.

The Aircraft was not over booked.
Those seated were given boarding passes and seated
The four made disembark were all Asian so selection was not random
Four "staff" turned up at last minute not booked requiring seats.
Three of the Asian passengers left quietly.

Maybe the selection priority should have been blacks, Mexicans,
Asians. We could have seen some cops get punched and beaten
before they pulled guns and started shooting everybody.

After this Asian guy wins his lawsuit, United might as well
paint black eyes on each cockpit window because this will never
ever go away.

It's going to haunt them like Pan Am Flight 103.