Old April 7th 05, 06:34 PM

Default Looking for a reversible fuel transfer pump

I have a 12Gal aux tank that I want to be able to transfer fuel TO and
FROM my main tank. For simplicity and lightness, I'd prefer to use a
single reversible pump on a single fuel line ... along with a solenoid
shutoff valve in series to prevent gravity flow when off.

There are cheapo plastic pumps available at a hardware store that would
"do the job" but I wouldn't consider using one in an airplane. Yet I
can't seem to find a QUALITY 12V reversible gear pump rated for
gasoline. (I did find a few for oil and diesel at aptly-named
reversopumps.com.)

Anybody know of one? Pump capacity isn't critical, but would like it
to be at least 3GPM.

Thanks,
Greg

P.S. I say "gear pump" above because virtually all gear pumps are
reversible by virtue of their construction, whereas other styles
usually are not. But I'm not hung up on a gear pump as long as it can
pump in both directions.