Old March 28th 14, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kiwiindenver

Default Android Skew-t app

On Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:12:02 PM UTC-6, Tony wrote:
Sweet. Being able to save and name "favorite" locations would be great.

It seems like there is some round up on the ground elevation? When I put KHUT, Hutchinson, KS, in it has the base altitude at 2000 ft when it should be more like 1600.

Also looks like the default time is 8 am to 7 pm. That's OK but I think by this time of the day the Op40 should be able to forecast to tomorrow morning which would be nice. Perhaps you could have it start at 8 am of the current day and go out as far as the forecast is available?

Next of course will be to include the other models...

I really like this presentation and thinking will come in really handy.

Thanks for that feedback. I'll take a look at those problems.

Your right about the time, I set those limits thinking it would easily cover most soaring needs. I'll do some more investigation to see what data is available for download.

How many favourites do you think you would want? How many would you use regularly? How many would you use once in a blue moon?

How important are the other models? Would this be a set & forget item or something you change regularly?