Old November 9th 17, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_3_]

Default Train Wreck

Well, that does it. I had been giving Sean the benefit of the doubt, as his behavior in person and as a pilot has, in my presence at least, always been unobjectionable.

But now, a prospective US team member has slandered, in public and in writing, pretty much everyone who might be a team mate, a team captain, meteorologist or other support person; the entire US team committee, and most of the people (including me) who might have at one point been interested in contributing money to send him off to the WGC. (The "good old boy network" pays a lot of bills and does a huge amount of volunteer work.)

How can someone who has done this ever be part of a team?

Among others, a few quotes:
"voters lied"
"the SSA good old boys [USTC, RC] got together and used...team selection process...to obviously game the us team selection."
"Was the team committee doing their job in policing out non-sensible input and votes?"

Savor that. The USTC is now supposed to filter out non-sensible votes?

"Pete “the GOB hand puppet” " RE-WRITING THE RESPONSES" Sean Murphy.. his deceitful and false "

Well, this prospective team member can't count on any help from Pete or Sean Murphy, in any capacity going forward.

"This current US Team is, CLEARLY, at least partially, Illegitimate. ILLEGITIMATE. Team Slots were STOLEN"

Make that the whole US team. Or anyone on the USTC. By this act, it seems to me that Sean has written himself off the US TEAM pretty much for good.

John Cochrane