Old August 25th 03, 03:51 PM
Marc de Vries

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 08:36:42 +1000, "John Ward"
wrote:

Hi Kevin,

Serial ATA 2 will be out soon, and, as the current ATA is said by some
to be not quite up to scratch, I'd not worry about it yet.

Serial ATA 2 is just a bunch of extensions to SATA intended for use in
servers. (quite usefull extensions, but not for a gaming machine)

You are probably thinking about the faster speeds, but that isn;t
interesting either. Simply because there is not a single harddisk that
is limited by the speed of SATA1 or even by ATA/133.

In fact, for a gaming rig I would just buy a recent 7k IDE HDD.
Harddisks are not a bottleneck in games, (there are hardly used at
all) unless you have the slow 4200 rpm laptop harddisks.

Marc