Old September 9th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
JohnO

Default remote controllable transponder

On Sep 10, 7:08*am, (John Clear) wrote:
In article ,

Stu Fields wrote:
Anyone know of a transponder that can have the codes switched from a remote
set of switches and a remote Ident button? *I guess I'm asking if there are
access points in a connector where this could be done, or has some whiz
already done this? *My helicopter likes it when I keep my hands on the
controls. *Landing to change the transponder code is not something that is a
reasonable alternative.

Dunno about changing the code remotely. *Some of the new push button
transponders might have support for that. *Remote ident is available,
one of the rental planes I learned on back in the dark ages had
remote ident on the yoke, and remote flip-flop. *Some avionics tech
must have had some extra switches and wire laying around, since
both were a bit ridiculous in a Piper Cherokee. *Avionics were
King, IIRC.

John
--
John Clear - * * * * * * * * * * * *http://www.clear-prop.org/

Microair have an external ident facility, but not code select.