Old November 24th 03, 01:08 AM

"John R Weiss" wrote:

"Gord Beaman" wrote...

It's how we learn, I guess. A lot of P2V-5s had the jets, too. I
have a P2V-5/P-2E Natops Manual kicking around here, and the jets are
definitely there.

Ok...I know for a fact that ours were P2V-7's and were jetless
for at least a year after we got them in about midsummer of 1955.

Back in 75-78, we had -5s and -7s at VC-8 in Roosy Roads, PR. All of them had
jets. They were the last active P-2s in the US Navy, and were retired shortly
after I left in 78.

Ahh yes! Rosy Roads!...great base, I've spent many a memorable
ASW exercise there.

Great NCO Club, especially enjoyable when the fleet's out...
--

-Gord.