Old August 23rd 04, 10:47 AM
Cub Driver

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 07:33:32 -0800, Dale wrote:

I have done that. What I'm looking for is the daily log of his unit.

You may be able to do this, but be prepared to spend some time in
Washington. The National Archives will give you credentials and some
advice from an archivist.

On the other hand, some records just don't exist. I've recently spent
two months trying to get the guvmint to acknowledge the two years I
spent in the army and four in the reserve. They agree that I was in
the army; what they aren't sure about is the (inactive!) reserve. This
gives me great sympathy of the incumbent president.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com