Old April 30th 04, 04:20 AM
Steve Waltner

In article , Leon
McAtee wrote:
I'm looking for a source of some .063" thick 4130N sheets (5), in
UPSable sizes. Wicks and AS+S have been out for a while and even
Dillsburg hasn't got any and "might have some 4130-A in a month or
so". Seems there is no more 4130N sheet being made and hasn't been
for a year.

If I can't find 4130 I may consider something like 1026. Anyone know
of a source for this? A not so quick Internet search found little.
------------------
Leon McAtee

I found a couple sites with Google. The search was
http://www.google.com/search?q=4130n+%22steel+sheet%22

Some matches include:
http://www.dipmetals.com/product_spotlight.htm
http://www.sky-craft.co.uk/4130n_steel_sheet.htm
http://www.gofastproducts.com/4130n_plate.htm

One of these mentioned the fact that the mill did stop producing this,
so supplies were becoming limited.

Steve