Old October 2nd 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RandyL[_2_]

Default Burns Municipal Airport (KBNO) Runway 3-21 Markings

I have been using Google Earth to look at airports in my area of the
world, and I have run across something that I cannot figure out myself, so I
thought I would post this question here. I was looking at Burns Municipal
Airport ,Oregon (KBNO) at N43 35 25.77 W118 57 18.41 and noticed that
runway 3-21 is painted completely white. Even the runway numbers and
thresholds are painted over. I have never seen this type of runway marking
before. I tried doing a Google search on that airport, but haven't come up
with anything that indicates why this runway is painted like this. Usually
when an airport closes a runway, they paint a big "X" on the runway ends to
indicate that it is closed. Does anyone have any idea why they would paint
an entire runway white like this? Just curious...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...oogleEarth.jpg

Randy L.
--
Remember: Any landing that you can walk away from,
is a landing that you can be fined, sued, or prosecuted for.