Old July 8th 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RandyL[_2_]

Default LAHSO Procedures

I have a question that has come up in another newsgroup, that I have
always wondered about. When I received my flight training, my instructor
told me not to accept any Land And Hold Short Operations (LAHSO)
instructions from ATC until I had received training in those procedures -
which I never did. Does a licensed pilot (not a student) have to be
officially "certified" to perform any LAHSO procedures? And if so, how does
one go about becoming certified? Or can any licensed pilot perform LAHSO
procedures, as long as he has first received training in said procedures? If
that is the case, how does ATC know that a pilot has received LAHSO
training? Does ATC just assume that if a pilot accepts LAHSO instruction,
that the pilot is familiar and has been trained in those procedures? Is
LAHSO procedure training something that just needs to be logged in your
logbook and endorsed by a CFI? Just curious...

Randy L.

--
Remember: Any landing that you can walk away from,
is a landing that you can be fined, sued, or prosecuted for.