Old March 22nd 05, 05:34 PM
John Carrier

Utility Hydraulic failure most likely. Or it's conceivable the system might
have failed in the electrical actuation of the hydraulics or the probe
actuator failed w/o compromising the util hyd system.

No impact on bringing the aircraft aboard normally. Wouldn't be pretty for
a barricade landing. Of course, there are speed restrictions probe deployed
.... which might seriously compromise continuation of the mission after
tanking.

R / John

"MikeR" wrote in message

"Dave in San Diego" wrote in message
. ..
If the IFR probe won't retract, what's the usual reason, and what other
effects will that failure have on other systems, specifically those
associated with landing. Got asked that on another forum. Relates to a
segment in this video:

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/theairforcefun.html

Ignore the fact that the moron poster mistook this for AF stuff.

Dave in San Diego

If the IFR probe won't retract, what's the usual reason,

I'm thinking auxiliary hydraulic or accessory hydraulic failure- I don't
recall which system feeds that IFR retract cylinder.

MikeR