Old July 23rd 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_1_]

Default Why GA is Dying

"Dave S" wrote in message
nk.net...
Dudley Henriques wrote:

Actually, the real threat to general aviation in the United States has
been, is now, and always will be, the American lawyer :-)
Dudley Henriques

I dont blame the lawyer.. I blame the folks who HIRE the lawyer.

Although its true you need a plaintiff to file a lawsuit, before lawyers
were allowed to advertise, that plaintiff had to seek out the lawyer and
initiate the proceedings.
Today, lawyers freely advertise, fishing the population for potential
lawsuits, not in the interest of justice, but completely in the interest of
filling their pockets. People who would never have sued anyone or sued a
major company for something happening that was the result of their own
carelessness and/or bad judgment have been "educated" by lawyers into
believing that there is gold at the end of every rainbow.......as long as
the lawyer gets their commission for showing the way.
Remember, you can have a greedy person wanting a lawsuit and nothing
happens, but put that greedy person in contact with a greedy lawyer, and the
lawsuits begin to flow. In today's legal world, this pairing is usually the
result of the lawyer initiating the contact!
Dudley Henriques