Old November 28th 10, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

Default Death of the newsgroup.

On Nov 27, 12:54*am, Ron Wanttaja wrote:
On 11/26/2010 6:59 PM, gpabruce wrote:

I couldn't help but notice the similarities between thw groups and the
old CB radios. Remember how the old CB's started out being polite and
helpful and a nice tool for truckers and travelers? Then they got so
abusive a person couldn't turn one on around children they were so
nasty. Seems the groups are going through the same thing. Why? I have
no clue, maybe someone else does.

Lack of personal consequences. *Say those things face-to-face, and
you're likely to get punched. *Same them over the air on a CB or on
USENET using a "handle," and you're untouchable. *Look at how much the
garbage level rises when the participants start claiming to have
identified their opponents.

Ron Wanttaja

Ron is right on with his thoughts...

Anyone can hide behind screen names and throw BS every which way.

Ron, me, Jay and a very few others actually use our REAL names and can
and will defend ourselves. The spineless others hide the shadows of
stealth names....... Ya wanna be taken seriously............ Step up
to the plate and identify yourselves.

Rant off.

Ben Haas.
www.haaspowerair.com