Old February 8th 18, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Metric aircraft countersunk machine screws

On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 3:51:27 PM UTC-5, Charles Longley wrote:
Does anyone have a source for metric aircraft countersunk machine screws? Similar to MS24693S28. They need to be aircraft hardware store screws have the wrong taper on them. This is for Blanik L-23 & L-33’s.

-----

I went through this a couple months ago. As noted above, metric countersunk screws have a 90 deg countersink, and of course there are different kinds of heads like flat or oval. I wasn't able to find a single supplier that had everything I needed, so ended up ordering some from Mr Metric (aka Mountz) and others from Bel-Metric. Needless to say I bought a few extra of each size!

Good luck,
Brian