Old March 15th 13, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default FLARM antenna question (hindrance from metal)

On Friday, March 15, 2013 6:55:47 AM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:

No, the outside of the coax is a ground, which needs to be

away from the radiating portions of the dipole.

Mount it on wood, plastic, or glass, AWAY from other

antennas and metal. PLEASE read and follow the FLARM

recommendations from PowerFLARM.us and ignore uninformed

speculation on RAS !

Hope that helps,

Best Regards, Dave

Dave,

Just to be clear, my reply to 2NO wasn't uninformed RAS speculation. I simply did not go into detail as to the reasons why, when I wrote, "Also, be sure to keep the coaxial cable running straight away from the antenna for a few inches - - don't run it alongside the radial.".

bumper