Old April 2nd 04, 07:12 AM
Dude

Sorry, but that is my opinion. If you don't like it, you still have no
reason to throw stones.

I am not saying anyone's baby is ugly, and I resent the comments that I am
not a plane owner (implication that I am too poor, stupid, or ignorant to
own one so no one should listen to me) or that I hang out in bad places ( so
that I am low class, poor, stupid, ignorant, etc.)

I have seen some of the incredibly personal stuff that has flown around on
this board, and while this is incredibly low level, it only shows the
weakness of your position to take these stances.

If you have a worthwhile point make it. Otherwise, please feel free to
ignore my posts. No one will learn anything from your snide comments except
for the value of your character.

The owners of the kinds of planes we are talking about will not pay for
hangar fees at my airport. They get them half price down the road, and they
are not as nice. If this gives me a warped view of the airplane world, so
be it. That's what I see at my airport.

What airport do you think is an example of one that is not "sorry"..

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
.. .

"Dude" wrote in message
I hang around airports quite a lot. I run into more renters than

owners,
as
I rent my plane out. The owners I speak to more often than not have a
warbird, aerobatic plane, homebuilt, etc.

A Cessna 140 would not fit my description of a common plane which has

tens
of thousands of newer copies running around. Why? Because at some

point,
there was so little demand for them that they tended to get parted out.

Twenty ears from now, a clean 152 will have the same charm and

desirability
as a 140 does now. They don't make them anymore. But I would not bet on

the
curve before that time, nor desire to keep one up in the meantime. Most

of
the schools here are starting to sell them off cheap because they are

not
making money and are too much trouble to manage.

I don't see many people out taking great care of their 30 plus year old
172's. I see those planes rotting in hangars for lack of care and use,

or
working out their last days in an FBO. Now, there is a great market for

old
172's as rental planes, but the schools are not paying top dollar. There

are
exceptions, there are a couple 172's that have been fully restored to

better
than new with cool custom paint jobs. However, if those owners had put

the
same amount of care into a less commodity type plane, they would be able

recoup more of their value in a sale.

While we are making bets, I bet you make quick judgements about people

more
than you should.

You must hang around some sorry ass airports.