Old April 17th 04, 07:46 PM
Matthew S. Whiting

"Matthew S. Whiting" wrote:

The average G/A guy who flys a Cessna 182 100 hours a year doesn't begin to
pay for the system.

But he doesn't need much of the system either. He needs a few grass
runways, and a good map and compass! :-)

Matt

Well, although that may be true for you, there are lots of Cessna 182's that make
a lot of instrument approaches at airports with control towers. Or, even
instrument approaches at airports without control towers; all supported by center
equipment, controllers, FAA approach designers, expensive flight inspections,
etc., etc.

Yes, I did that for years when I owned my 182, the the comment said the
"average" G/A guy. The average G/A pilot doesn't fly IFR very often at all.

Matt