Old February 16th 05, 10:58 PM
forties

Another stillborn paper concept, from what I gather.
Well, although sounds like Tu-202 is myth I knew ex-RAF persons who
said they have seen this a/c during test flights in mid of '90s..

They are scratching hard to try and meet their obligations for the

An-70 project, and
are behind the power curve on that one already.

Antonov Design Bureau (AN-70) is Ukrainian company. Russians just
finance it.. and sounds like they were not/are not actually interested
in this a/c..

As Keith quite accurately pointed out, their defense budget just will

not support any
major new combat aircraft development right now, with the exception of
those
programs they may jointly pursue with India and/or China.

Knowing Russian internal security policy I am sure they will not let

to transfer such advanced technologies to other country for any sort of
cooperation especially for the development of future main Russian
fighter. Looks like they just use India/China to get money and play
with them... Rough proove of my words is that for instance any hardware
(a/c, missiles etc) sold to outside countries is light version (reduced
accuracy, etc) of equipment used in Russia's Armed Forces..