Old December 15th 03, 10:29 PM
Lance Delacroix

On 15 Dec 2003 12:33:30 -0800,
) prounounced a fatwah thus:

The Smithsonian staff should bring in poster-sized pics of the Rape of
Nanking, chemical warfare-marred experimentation victims, the walking
skeletons of the BurmarRailway and Bataan death march, and photo after
photo of American marines lyin' face down and very dead in the water
of every Pacific island from Guadicanal to Iwo Jima. And ask them what
they think THEN.

These assholes wouldn't even BE in the United States displaying the
hatred for America if they weren't being supported by home-grown,
America-hating, self-loathing, Democrat leftists.

GOD BLESS THE ENOLA GAY; DEATH TO ANTI-AMERICAN FASCISTS!

Yeah, well, speaking just for myself, I think Japanese pussy is mighty
fine.

BroJack
___________

http://www.spacewar.com/2003/031215180300.070d1zot.html

Grief overflows, anger flares as Hiroshima bomber goes on display

CHANTILLY, Virginia (AFP) Dec 15, 2003
Grief overflowed and anger erupted Monday as aged Japanese survivors
confronted the Enola Gay, the US warplane which unleashed the world's
first atom bomb on Hiroshima in 1945.
Six survivors and around 50 peace activists held up pictures of
hideously burned victims among the tens of thousands killed or injured
by the blast, as the restored and shiny silver Boeing B-29
Superfortress loomed overhead.

The Enola Gay was put on display for the first time in one piece on
opening day for a vast new annex to the Smithsonian's National Air and
Space Museum, which also includes a just retired French Concorde and
space shuttle prototype.

One protestor threw a bag of paint at the aircraft, and was hauled
away by police, though activists could not identify the man.

It was not clear if the Enola Gay was damaged.

The vigil stirred anger among some visitors to the museum, just under
the flightpath of Dulles international airport outside Washington.

"Remember Pearl Harbor" "Go home" "What about the Nanjing massacre?"
several men shouted in references to the imperial Japanese army, as
several scuffles broke out with activists.

Other men, including several US war veterans, took part in animated
arguments with peace activists. Several young Japanese visitors to the
museum were overcome by emotion and in tears.

"This is the second time I have seen the Enola Gay," said Hiroshima
survivor Minoru Nishino, 71, who was two kilometres (miles) from the
epicentre of the blast, and still bears scars from his burns.

"The first time was on August 6, 1945, when I saw it flying high in
the sky.

"When I saw the Enola Gay today, I was overcome by anger."

Another survivor, Tamiko Tomonaga, 74, said she had come to see the
plane in memory of all those who died in the twin atom bombings at
Hiroshima and Nagasaki, in the closing days of World War II.

Survivors are disappointed the plane is being displayed with no
reference to casualty figures at Hiroshima, which some estimates say
reach 230,000 people, when those who died in later years of radiation
poisoning are included.

"We would not mind the plane going on display if they showed the
tragedy they caused" Tomonaga, who was a Red Cross nurse at the time
of the bombing said.

The Enola Gay bears a label describing it as the "most sophisticated
propeller-driven bomber of World War II."

The text mentions the technological prowess of the aircraft and how it
"found its niche on the other side of the globe."

"On August 6, 1945, this Martin-built B-29-45-MO dropped the first
atomic weapon used in combat on Hiroshima, Japan."

As survivors and activists mounted their protest, some visitors to the
museum reacted with anger, reflecting raw feelings left over the war,
nearly 60 years after the United States and Japan made peace.

"They (Japan) started the war by bombing our servicemen in Pearl
Harbor, they should go and stand on the deck of the Arizona," said one
man who refused to give his name, referring to a US ship sunk in the
raid, now a memorial.

Joe Lassals, in tears but unwilling to say why he was moved to come
here, said, "I am thinking of all the American soldiers who were
killed -- why don't they remember them?"

[...]

http://www.spacewar.com/2003/031215180300.070d1zot.html