Old March 12th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Don Tuite

Default Cubcrafters vs. Legend Cub

On 12 Mar 2007 13:37:49 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

On Mar 12, 12:23 pm, john smith wrote:

The Cub will fly hands off, you just have to use your feet.

hehe. Am I the only one who wasn't able to fly the J-3 with tennis
shoes? I always had to wear slippers because the sold sole of the
tennis shoe didn't allow the bottom of my foot to get under the rudder
to the brake. I always kept a pair of tennis shoes in the back. The
thought of walking out of a farmer's field after an emergency landing
wearing slippers was always with me.

???!!! I've only flown the Luscombe and the T-Cart*, where the heel
brakes were aft and slightly inboard of the rudder pedals. Are the
Cub's heel brakes forward of the pedals?

Don
*Come to think of it, there were a few hours of Aerknocker in there,
too. Same kind of brake rig.