Old March 11th 10, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default KJZI (Charleston Executive, S.C.) ILS RWY 9 DME Required

wrote:
On Mar 10, 9:42 pm, Padraig wrote:

But either way, if I'm flying the
ILS approach, the DH is the missed approach point. Once I hit that
altitude and I'm on the glide slope, I'm at the MAP. So I don't need
timing at all for the ILS, just if I were doing the localizer.

We may have answered our own question talking this out. DME required
for the LOC approach. Plate is for either ILS or LOC.

No glide slope for a LOC appraoch :-) to determine DH.

There is a timing table to determine the LOC MAP.