Old September 23rd 10, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
John[_9_]

Default Tomahawk, a good buy?

On Sep 12, 10:46*am, "Terry" wrote:
"Chrisdt" wrote in message

I recently saw a Piper Tomahawk on bidbuyandfly.com selling for 110
000
ZAR, or more or less $16000 US. I have 72 hours in total, 42 of them
on
a 152. How does the Tomahawk compare? I have heard a lot of stories
about the Piper Tomahawk. Would this be a good buy for the price
advertised?

--
Chrisdt

IMHO, "NO".......do the research and I think you will agree.

Terry N6401F

The Tomahawk has long since shed its early problems. A local flight
school operates a number of them and gave up on a plastic replacement
with a snowmobile engine. The Tomahawk just keeps trucking along to
the tune of 10,000 hours. That is the key. The wing spars time out
at 11,000 hours. While the school has resparred two of them they
found the job uneconomical and are unlikely to do it again while lower
time aircraft are still available.