Old March 8th 18, 12:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_4_]

Default Inexpensive portable IGC data recorders

At 11:53 08 March 2018, Dan Daly wrote:
SeeYou Recorder is a free iPhone app that works with OLC. I'm not

sure
if it can be used for badge flights. The only down side is that it

doesn't
have an engine monitor, so it can't be used with motorgliders.

List of approved flight recorders; at the bottom, links to all their
webpages.
http://www.ukiws.demon.co.uk/GFAC/igc_approved_frs.pdf

Position Recorders are Approved on a Country basis (not by IGC). For US the
only Position Recorders approved a

FlyWithCE Flight Recorder FR300 -
https://www.fai.org/sites/default/fi...al_ssa_v3a.pdf

FlyWithCE Flight Recorder - As far as I am aware, this unit is not longer
manufactured.

So in US, the only alternative to a fully fledged IGC Recorder is the
FlyWithCE Flight Recorder FR300 (which isn't a Flight Recorder, but a
Position Recorder).

All this information is available from https://www.fai.org/igc-documents