Old August 6th 15, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default FLARM in Stealth Mode at US 15M/Standard Nationals - Loved It!

For club and group flying, the full Flarm display (with leech mode) is terrific, although I suspect having climb rate information for gliders more than a short distance away might not be that useful in the west. I can't tell you how many times I've flown over to join friends reporting stellar climbs to arrive too low to connect with what was probably a rising bubble!

Otherwise, I thing John Cochrane is correct - position without climb info would enhance safety and provide
little useful tactical advantage.

Mike