Old November 26th 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Default Clapped-out trainers, wildfires, and which complex?

A carefully flown Mooney will do better MPG than the other two!

On the other hand, the sight pictures you're used to are going to
change. You know those nice high finals? No more of those, speed
control and glide angle really really matter in the Mooney. Come in a
little fast and you are going to be in ground effect so long you'll
need a calendar, not a clock.

The controls are push rod actuated -- you'll enjoy how responsive the
M20 is.

And the tail is on backwards, that's the way Mooney owners like them!

Do you sense a bias here?

On Nov 25, 11:12 pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"xxx" wrote

My choices seem to be a C-172RG, an Arrow or an old, old Mooney M-20.
Any opinions as to which would be the best choice for complex training
(I have no hours in anything with either a constant-speed prop or
retractable gear) followed by casual recreational flying?

Depends if you want to smash bugs, or really go somewhere.

I vote for the Mooney, if it isn't too clapped out, and you want to go
somewhere!

Of course, these days, fuel burn has to be considered in there, somewhere.

But I have to admit, I do like backwards tails! g
--
Jim in NC