Old November 3rd 03, 10:56 PM
Kobra

I just upgraded my DC 13.4S for a Lightspeed Thirty 3G. I compared them to
the DC ANR, Denali and Bose. The Bose were the most comfortable, the
lightspeed was the best ANR and the DC seemed to have the highest quality.
The Denali's had a nice mix of each.

I got the Lightspeeds because they were super quiet and had input for cell
phone and CD/MP3 which works incredibly well. The cell phone input is great
for IFR clearances. The music input is wonderful for VFR xc flying,
especially at night.

Kobra

"Clamer Meltzer" wrote in message
After reviewing many specs etc. I am thinking of the
Denali ANR or the Sennheiser HMEC 400. (which I'll have to
web-order)

Anyone had experience with both? Which did you prefer?
Criterea for me are comfort, fatigue (lack of), clarity of sound,
realistic reproduction of voice. (I'm trying to stay in and around
my $600-ish budget).

Any comments, suggestions, advice appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Regards,

- Aman

I haven't had experience with both, but I bought the Sennheiser HMEC 400

on
the web. I like it, audio is very clear. The only problem I've had is that
the earcups/pads are a bit small. Maybe I should have my ears reduced?
Batterylife is also short at about 9 hours, but there is an adapter to run
it on power from the panel.

Rgds

Clamer Meltzer