Old November 22nd 05, 01:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Yesterday's IFR flight with questions

" wrote:

I don't remember the NASA icing video making a distinction. Are you
thinking of the Cessna slips-with-flaps permathread?

snip

No. I can visualize how flaps will disturb airflow over the horizontal
stabilizer of high wing aircraft, but I am having difficulty visualizing
how airflow over the horizontal stabilizer of a low wing is disturbed by
the lowering of flaps.

I should point out that I went from a high wing to a V-tail Bonanza after
my instrument rating, so I have no straight-tail low wing time.

--
Peter